Tuesday, March 8, 2011

UNC climbing up the rankings

During my last post I mentioned how the North Carolina Men's basketball team, had moved to number 19 in the country.  Well, the Tar Heels have been on a tear recently and have moved into the top 10 and are now the number 7 team in the country.  They were propelled after a win against #3 Duke on their home floor, and it also gave the Tar Heels the regular season championship for the ACC conference, and the top seed for the end of year ACC conference tournament.  Other than UNC, Ohio St. and Kansas are still looking extremely promising, and the BYU cougars are starting to drop after their recent loss of their 3rd leading scorer and best rebounder, Brandon Davies, who was suspended for violating the schools honor code.  I still think that Florida could be a team to watch coming into the tournament, and Georgetown could be a dark horse while sitting at #22, and are being lead by one of the best shooters in the country, senior Austin Freeman.  I cannot wait for selection Sunday, and I think that my Tar Heels can still earn one of the four number one seeds in the tournament.

1 comment:

  1. ***other than UNC, Ohio St. and Kansas

    I guess it can be considered THE University of North Carolina

    ReplyDelete